- Cape Town is a coastal city in South Africa, located on the shores of Table Bay. With a mediterranean climate and a mild, moderately wet Winter, Cape Town enjoys a rich biodiversity. The Atlantic seaboard to the West of Cape Town is characterised by beautiful beaches and some of the most expensive real estate in South Africa. The combination of a good climate, natural beauty and well developed infrastructure makes Cape Town one of the most popular tourist destinations in South Africa.
- Table Mountain is a flat topped mountain which is the most prominent landmark overlooking the city of Cape Town. With an elevation of 1,084 metres, the views from the top of the mountain offer a spectacular panorama over Devil’s Peak to the east, and Lion’s Head to the west. The flat top of the mountain is often covered by cloud which is known as the ‘table cloth’. Cape Town has plenty of natural beauty. There are beaches for family fun, beach volleyball, sunset cocktails and picnics, surfing or penguin watching. There are incredible parks to visit such as the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, plenty of vineyards, and the big shopping mecca that is the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. Finally you might like to consider a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage site, Robben Island Museum.
- There are a wide range of excellent places to eat in Cape Town and the food is very fresh and international. From hot new chefs to hip tapas spots, the list of choices grows each year. Cape Town is particularly famous for its fresh seafood and Harbour House is one of our favourites. Steaks are also a speciality and Carne –95 is the hot go-to steak restaurant. Il Leone is a popular Italian, enjoyed by locals.
- There is always something happening in Cape Town. With its warm climate, a lot of events are in Summer and based around food and wine. The vineyards open for wine tastings and wine festivals. Ultra South Africa is popular with some of the worlds leading artists getting together for an electronic music gig in Cape Town stadium. There is an outdoor Jazz Festival and a popular beer festival too.
- Most helpful website for fact finding and general information about Cape Town is provided by Cape Town Tourism.